ISA is an international association made up of individual people or legal bodies interested in promoting research and developing sunflower production. The aim of the Association is to improve international cooperation on the agronomic, breeding, technical and nutritional levels, and to ensure close links between research and workers. The Association will have no political activity.
To fulfil its aims, ISA :
- assumes responsibility for choosing the dates and locations of the International Sunflower Conferences every four years and plays an active part in their organizations ;
- contributes to the coordination of Sunflower Symposia between two conferences; different aspects will be studied in the framework of these workshops : biology, varietal improvement, chemical control, diseases, etc...
- takes part in designing leading sunflower specialist(-s) to receive the Pustovoit Award
- is in charge of publications related to Sunflower (Symposia collection, etc…)
ORGANIZATION OF ISA
The Association is made up of natural and legal persons specialized in sunflower :
b) Active Members
c) Honorary Members.
Are called Sponsors or beneficient members the legal bodies (companies, firms, universities...) paying an annual subscription (which will involve special advantages for their employees). The entrance fee is 900€ and the annual participation is 600€ for ten employees.
Are called Active members the natural persons joining the Association (individuals, or group memberships). In 2020, the annual membership as Active member (individual) amounts to 70€ and there is no entrance-fee.
Are called Honorary Members those who distinguished themselves by their services to the Association, and all Members who received the Pustovoit Award. They will pay no memberships to ISA.
The Association is administered by a Board of Directors chosen for a period of four years by the General Assembly. Presently (2016-2020), the Board is made up of :
Dr Vladimir MIKLIC, Serbia (President & Representative of ISA Sponsors)
Mr Etienne PILORGE, France (Secretary-Treasurer)
Dr Yakov DEMURIN, Russia
Dr Maria DUCA, Moldova
Dr Valentina ENCHEVA, Bulgaria
Dr Laszlo HARGITAY, Hungary
Dr Brent HULKE, USA
Dr Maria JOITA-PACUREANU, Romania
Dr Yalcin KAYA, Turkey
Dr Nicolas LANGLADE, France
Dr Stefan MASIREVIC, Serbia
Dr Mulpuri SUJATHA, India
Dr Gian Paolo VANNOZZI, Italy
Dr Leonardo VELASCO, Spain
Pr Jun ZHAO, PR China
Due to the Global crisis caused by COVID-19, the 20th ISC, originally planned in 2020, has been postponed to June 20th to June 23rd, 2022. Therefore, the reneweal of the Board has also been postponed and will happen at this time.
Why should you join the International Sunflower Association ?
* to share your points of view with colleagues from all over the world,
* to be informed of the latest news about sunflower,
* to enjoy special advantages and attend our International Sunflower Conferences and Sunflower Symposia.
For all information, please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
To register as a new member, please click here.
To renew your membership payment, please login in, choose how many years you wish to pay for and then follow the instructions.
Should you encounter difficulties with the credit card payment, please try using another browser : Mozilla, Explorer...If it does not make any change, the problem may be related to your firewall/antivirus which can prevent the connection to this "external" module. Last possibility, some banks do not allow overseas transactions without prior authorization.